Top 10 Bookish Places I'd Like to Visit
As a book-lover I'd love to broaden my reading experiences by visiting some bookish places. This list is by no means definitive, but a start!
10) Birmingham Library, England
Technically I have already been here, but its beauty and places to explore are endless. Top tip: if you are ever in the Midlands, Stratford-Upon-Avon (the birthplace of Shakespeare) is a great place to go: uber bookish and very beautiful.
9) Transylvania, Romania
- The setting of 'Dracula'. I haven't actually read Dracula but Transylvania is a beautiful place and if I do go, that is when I want to read it.
8) Verona, Italy
- The setting of Romeo and Juliet and in one of my favourite countries!
7) Edgar Allan Poe Museum, USA
- Edgar Allan Poe is one of my inspirations (both in poetry and literary terms) and I'd love to know more about him (and see more of America)
6) The Anne Frank Museum, Amsterdam
- I'm aware this place has more of a historical significance.
5) Strahov Monastery, Prague
- Wow, just wow
- I know I have already mentioned Amsterdam, but I'm talking the place in general because of The Fault in Our Stars!
3) Harry Potter Studios, London
- Another place I've been (but it isn't something you can do in a day, especially during the holidays!)
2) The Globe Theatre, London
- This post is getting to be very Shakespeare based. Oh well
1) The Bodelian Library, Oxford
What are some places that you'd like to visit?
///////// Quote of the post /////////
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one" - George RR Martin